Call for Papers
It is organised by the project Cosmopolitanism: Justice, Democracy and Citizenship without Borders (PTDC/FER-FIL/30686/2017) supported by a grant of the FCT - Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P. (Foundation for Science and Tecnology, Public Institution, Portugal).
This conference aims at bringing together scientists of different research fields from the social, human and medical sciences, as well as representatives of various civil associations, sharing a common interest in classic and contemporary issues of identity and culture, as well as the role of law in dealing with these issue.
We highly welcome contributions covering the following topics:
- Individual and social aspects of the psychological construction of identity;
- Foreigners, refugees, immigrants, stateless persons, displaced persons, minorities, “groups”
- Forms of invisibility, discrimination, persecution and violence against “groups”
- Theories on interculturality, multiculturality, cultural transfer, translation, gender etc.
- Principles and systems for the protection of fundamental rights and human rights (at national, regional and universal levels) in face of these issues.
We invite those interested in participating to register here:
· Deadline abstract submission: 10 August 2019
· Decision acceptance / rejection: 15 August 2019
Please visit our homepage to see further details:
We are looking forward to welcoming you at the conference!
The organizing committee
Jeovat Baca Virgínia, Chair
Soraya Nour Sckell
Credits and Sources
| Identity, Culture and Law 2019 : Identity, Culture and Law: International Conference|