Call for Papers
19th International Conference on Web Engineering
Daejeon, South Korea | June 11-14, 2019
ICWE 2019 - CALL FOR DEMOS AND POSTERS
The ICWE 2019 Demos and Posters track will promote an interactive forum for researchers and practitioners alike working in any area of Web Engineering to showcase demonstrators and present research results. ICWE provides a unique environment to discuss novel ideas, concepts and technologies, and to easily and informally get in touch with experts from all the fields of Web Engineering, allowing the authors of selected demos and posters to obtain valuable feedback and exchange their experiences.
We aim to cover all topics in the different tracks of the conference, namely:
* Web application modeling and engineering
* Web mining and knowledge extraction
* Web Big Data and Web data analytics
* Mobile Web applications
* Web of Things applications
* Social Web applications
* Web crowdsourcing and human computation
* Semantic Web and Linked Open Data applications
* Quality and accessibility aspects of Web applications
* Web composition and mashups
* Web user interfaces
* Web security and privacy
* Web programming
* Web services, computing, and standards
The Demo track will cover the emerging area of Web Engineering gathering researchers to debate, propose, and elaborate the foundations and software solutions to different problems, by presenting running research and projects on these topics. We seek demos in all areas of Web Engineering related to the ICWE 2019 tracks. Note that demonstrations should be brief so that they can be shown repeatedly. We particularly encourage demos with which attendees can interact.
The Posters track invites researchers, practitioners, PhD students and others working in any area of Web Engineering, that do not have a demonstration, to submit a poster of their research. We solicit submission of original research, as well as experience and vision papers from both researchers and practitioners. Like Demos, Poster contributions may address any topic that fits within the ICWE 2019 topics of interest.
IMPORTANT DATES (Extended Deadlines)
* Submission deadline: 12 March, 2019 (23h59 Hawaii Time)
* Notification of acceptance: 16 March, 2019 (23h59 Hawaii Time)
* Camera-ready deadline: 20 March, 2019 (23h59 Hawaii Time)
Demo and poster submissions should describe the innovative aspects of the work they present, highlighting the contributions and major differences to the authors’ previous as well as related work. Submissions will be peer-reviewed by members of the Demos and Posters Program Committee, who will judge the originality, significance, quality, and clarity of each submission. Authors of accepted demos and posters will present their work in a special session embedded in the main conference program.
We strongly encourage authors to submit a demo video and/or poster draft along with their submissions highlighting the most interesting aspects of their work. Authors that intend to give a demonstration should submit to the Demos rather than the Posters track. Note that authors of accepted Demos submissions will also be given the opportunity to display a poster.
Length: Papers must not be longer than 4 (four) pages including abstract and references.
Format: Authors should consult Springer’s authors’ guidelines and use their proceedings templates, either for LaTeX or for Word, for the preparation of their papers. Springer encourages authors to include their ORCIDs in their papers. In addition, the corresponding author of each paper, acting on behalf of all of the authors of that paper, must complete and sign a Consent-to-Publish form, through which the copyright for their paper is transferred to Springer.
Submission place: Authors need to use the ICWE 2019 Demo and Poster submission site at EasyChair for the submission of their manuscripts: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icwe2019
Publication of Accepted Submissions
Camera-ready versions of accepted Demos and Posters submissions will be published in the ICWE 2019 main conference proceedings. At least one author of each accepted submission must register for the conference and present the work during the demos and posters sessions.
The conference proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag as an LNCS volume. Along with the full papers, they will also include Demos and Posters papers (both 4 pages). The final version of each accepted paper must strictly adhere to the LNCS guidelines (http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html) and must include a printable file of the camera-ready version as well as all required source files. No changes to the LNCS formatting rules are permitted. Authors of accepted papers must also download and sign a copyright form that will be made available in due time.
DEMOS AND POSTERS CHAIRS
* Prof. Oscar Diaz (University of the Basque Country, Spain)
* Prof. Irene Garrigos (University of Alicante, Spain)
* Prof. Angel Jimenez-Molina (University of Chile, Chile)
* Jongmoon Baik (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea)
* Devis Bianchini (University of Brescia, Italy)
* Marco Brambilla (Politecnico di Milano, Italy)
* Carlos Canal (University of M?laga, Spain)
* Javier Luis Canovas (Universitat Oberta de Catalunya , Spain)
* Cinzia Cappiello (Politecnico di Milano, Italy)
* Sven Casteleyn (Universitat Jaume I, Spain)
* Nathalie Moreno (University of M?laga, Spain)
* Gustavo Rossi (National University of La Plata, Argentina)
* Wieland Schwinger (Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria)
* Jocelyn Simmonds (University of Chile, Chile)
* Manuel Wimmer (Vienna University of Technology , Austria)
* Marco Winckler (University of Toulouse, France)
All questions about submissions should be emailed to [email protected] Further information can be found at http://icwe2019.webengineering.org/.
Credits and Sources
| ICWE 2019 : International Conference on Web Engineering (Demos and Posters) - Deadline Extension|