Call for Papers
Nowadays Social media platforms represent freely-accessible information networks allowing registered and unregistered members to read, share and broadcast posts, different in format and size, referring to a potentially-unlimited range of topics, by also exploiting the immediateness of handy smart devices.
This workshop wants to stress the vision of these powerful communication channels as social sensors, where each user reacts in real time to the underlying reality by providing her/his own interpretation or opinion. Automatic techniques and methodologies applied on this channels may provide interesting insights on social media phenomena rather than useful applications, offering a "sideway" to the existing authoritative information media and the information reported by the surrounding community.
- Paper submission: May 15th, 2022 (EXTENDED!)
- Notification to authors: May 25th, 2022
- Workshop date: June 28th, 2022 (ONLINE AND ONSITE)
- Social Media Analytics Social Network Analysis
- Topics and Trends Modeling
- Topics and Trends Extraction
- Data Mining on Social Media data
- Social Media Ontology Learning
- Big Data and Social Media
- Social Media as Social Sensors
- Network neutrality
- Cultural Analysis of Social Media
- Information Retrieval and Social Media
- Natural Language Processing
- Knowledge Graphs
- Neural technologies
- Social Media-based embeddings
- Hate Speech Detection
- Fake News Detection
- User Interfaces
- Visualization of Social Media data
- Community Detection
- Social Media applications
- Privacy and Social Media
SIDEWAYS 2022 : 7th International Workshop on Social Media World Sensors will take place in Barcelona. It’s a 1 day event starting on Jun 28, 2022 (Tuesday) and will be winded up on Jun 28, 2022 (Tuesday).
SIDEWAYS 2022 falls under the following areas: WEB MINING, SOCIAL MEDIA, SOCIAL NETWORKS, NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING, etc. Submissions for this Workshop can be made by May 15, 2022. Authors can expect the result of submission by May 25, 2022. Upon acceptance, authors should submit the final version of the manuscript on or before May 29, 2022 to the official website of the Workshop.
Please check the official event website for possible changes before you make any travelling arrangements. Generally, events are strict with their deadlines. It is advisable to check the official website for all the deadlines.
Other Details of the SIDEWAYS 2022
Credits and Sources
| SIDEWAYS 2022 : 7th International Workshop on Social Media World Sensors|