Topics of an interest include, but are not limited to:
- All aspects of P4-based network protocol research, including design, specification, verification, implementation, measurement, testing, and analysis.
- Design, analysis, and evaluation of network architectures using P4 as a basis, e.g., specific algorithms and protocols for network virtualization or future Internet architectures.
- New applications enabled by P4, including in-network computing and Big Data, Video and Virtual Reality, Mobile and Wireless Network Protocols and Applications, Ubiquitous computing, Internet-of-Things and Smart Cities.
- Secure, reliable and dependable P4-based systems, including all aspects of monitoring, verification, debugging and troubleshooting networks enabled by P4.
- P4-based and P4-NetFPGA based programmable data planes.
- P4 end-host networking, offloading transport- and application-layer protocols to P4-enabled hardware.
- Tools and frameworks for development using P4.
- Contributions to the evolution of the P4 language.