Call for Papers
XR (extended or cross reality) technology is gaining relevance in many professional domains, and is used and experimented with for the sake of manifold purposes. The XRWALC workshop at ACM IMX 2022 is aiming to explore the latest advancements with a focus on three particular application aspects:
- Remote analytics: inspect and interact with remote systems, explore and analyze data within immersive XR environments
- Immersive learning: exploit the advantages of safe and affordable learning environments that allow to simulate, try out, experience, learn and train;
- Collaboration in XR: approaches to design and enable group collaboration.
XRWALC is calling for contributions that push the state-of-the-art and contribute to the exchange within the research and industry community.
Around its three focus areas, we welcome contributions concerning the following aspects in particular:
- Advancements in XR technology: AR, VR, MR, omnidirectional video, volumetric representations
- Novel approaches for learning, realistic simulations, learning analytics
behavior analytics and skill assessment
- Immersive analytics for recorded and real-time data
- Interaction with digital twins
- Haptic interfaces in the context of XR
- Gamification in professional application scenarios
- Automation of content adaptation and personalization
- Automated cinematography for both filmed and virtual content
- User experience evaluation, particularly concerning immersion and telepresence
- Field studies evaluating the use of XR technology, for example regarding the appropriateness, accuracy and effectiveness of these technologies in certain application scenarios
- Approaches to support XR accessibility in the context of workplace applications
XRWALC is calling for extended abstracts with a target length of 4 pages (no hard limit). These contributions can be short summaries of research advancements or studies, novel concepts and approaches, descriptions of demonstrations, or descriptions of practical problems and research questions which the authors seek to discuss. Top contributions will be presented as oral talks while further contributions get the opportunity to obtain feedback in an interactive poster and demo session. All participants get the chance to actively contribute to the more interactive workshop and discussion sessions.
Submissions must be written in English and formatted according to a predefined template and they must contain no information identifying the author(s) or their organization(s). Reviews will be single‐blinded, including the information about the authors. Papers will be judged on their relevance, novelty, scientific and technical content and correctness, and clarity of presentation.
The organizers of the workshop aim to publish workshop proceedings via an openly accessible repository. Further, a Special Issue in a suitable journal is being planned, inviting the workshop participants to contribute more comprehensive papers.
More info at: http://xrwalc2022.di.fc.ul.pt/call.html
For any questions please contact the organisers: xrwalc2022 (at) di.fc.ul.pt
XRWALC 2022 : 1st Int. Workshop on Analytics, Learning & Collaboration in eXtended Reality @ ACM IMX will take place in Aveiro, Portugal. It’s a 3 days event starting on Jun 22, 2022 (Wednesday) and will be winded up on Jun 24, 2022 (Friday).
XRWALC 2022 falls under the following areas: VIRTUAL REALITY, AUGMENTED REALITY, ANALYTICS, HCI, etc. Submissions for this Workshop can be made by Mar 16, 2022. Authors can expect the result of submission by Apr 25, 2022. Upon acceptance, authors should submit the final version of the manuscript on or before May 9, 2022 to the official website of the Workshop.
Please check the official event website for possible changes before you make any travelling arrangements. Generally, events are strict with their deadlines. It is advisable to check the official website for all the deadlines.
Other Details of the XRWALC 2022
Credits and Sources
| XRWALC 2022 : 1st Int. Workshop on Analytics, Learning & Collaboration in eXtended Reality @ ACM IMX|