The International Workshop on Reading Music Systems (WoRMS) is a novel workshop that tries to connect researchers who develop systems for reading music, such as in the field of Optical Music Recognition, with other researchers and practitioners that could benefit from such systems, like librarians or musicologists.
After the first successful installation of WoRMS 2018, this year's edition will take place on 2nd November 2019 as a satellite event to ISMIR 2019.
WoRMS will be organized as a 1/2-day workshop and provides an excellent opportunity to share ideas, discuss current developments and shape the future of Optical Music Recognition. We explicitly invite people without a technical background, to participate as well. We would like to promote the diversity of speakers, with each participant getting the opportunity to present his work, discuss current research with the community and foster relationships within the community.
The workshop seeks to connect researchers from the field of Optical Music Recognition with potential users. We are open for everything that is related to music, that has been written. The relevant topics of interest for the workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Music reading systems
- Optical music recognition
- Datasets and performance evaluation
- Image processing on music scores
- Writer identification
- Authoring, editing, storing and presentation systems for music scores
- Multi-modal systems
- Novel input-methods for music to produce written music
- Web-based Music Information Retrieval services
- Applications and projects
- Use-cases related to written music