Call for Papers
**Apologies for any cross-posting(s)
Call for paper
Workshop on Engineering Processes and Practices for Quantum Software (PPQS'22)
Co-located with PROFES 2022, Finland. November 21 - 23, 2022
Workshop Focus: Quantum Software Engineering (QSE) is a recent genre of Software Engineering (SE) discipline - relying on engineering processes and practices - to design, develop, validate and evolve quantum software (QSW) systems effectively and efficiently. Traditional SE processes and practices can still be useful in QSE context. However, they need to be augmented with the unique characteristics of quantum software. The Workshop on Engineering Processes and Practices for Quantum Software (PPQS'22) as a pioneering effort that aims to establish a community, fostering academic research and industrial solutions, focused on QSE principles and practices for process-centric design, development, validation, deployment and maintenance of quantum software systems and applications. The workshop intends to attract publishable, applicable research such as empirical studies, industrial experience reports, and solution proposals etc. on process-centric QSE.
Topics of Interest: The workshop can provide a platform to discuss active and emerging challenges, propose development processes and practices to address those challenges, and identify areas of futuristic research in the context of SE for QSW. The topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
– Quantum Software Engineering Lifecycle
• Software Engineering Process
• Requirements Engineering
• Software Design and Architecture
• Design and Architecture Patterns
• Validation and Simulation
– Empirical Studies on Quantum Software Processes and Practices
• Survey-based studies, systematic reviews and mapping studies
• Industrial findings and experience reports of developing quantum software
• Empirical studies and metrics
– Patterns and Frameworks for Quantum Software
• Reference architectures
• Architectural patterns and styles
• Reengineering to quantum software systems
• Requirements engineering for quantum software systems
• Development processes and frameworks
• Method engineering and tailoring
• Frameworks, and product lines
– Tools and Technologies for Quantum Software
• Prototypes and Tool Support
• Development Environments, Frameworks and Tools
• Programming Languages and Frameworks
Types of Submissions: The workshop welcomes unpublished research studies both from academia and industry focused on engineering processes and practices for quantum software systems and applications.
- Short Papers (06 pages): Work in progress, idea, or vision papers representing research at an early stage.
- Regular Papers (12 pages): Research work at a mature or advanced stage with validated results or empirical findings.
Submission Link: https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=ppqs22
– Workshop paper submission deadline (Hard): 13 September. 2022 (AOE)
– Workshop paper notifications (Hard): 25 September. 2022 (AOE)
– Workshop paper camera-ready: 02 October. 2022 (AOE)
– Workshop day: 21 November. 2022
Mahdi Fahmideh, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
Muhammad Waseem, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Aakash Ahmad, University of Ha'il, Saudi Arabia
Naveed Ikram, EYCON PVT Limited, Pakistan
Your submission(s) and participation in PPQS'22 are highly welcome. Should you require any further information, feel free to contact the organiser at: [email protected]
PPQS 2022 : Workshop on Engineering Processes and Practices for Quantum Software (PPQS'22) will take place in Finland. It’s a 1 day event starting on Nov 21, 2022 (Monday) and will be winded up on Nov 21, 2022 (Monday).
PPQS 2022 falls under the following areas: SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, QUANTUM SOFTWARE, SOFTWARE PROCESS, etc. Submissions for this Workshop can be made by Sep 13, 2022. Authors can expect the result of submission by Sep 25, 2022. Upon acceptance, authors should submit the final version of the manuscript on or before Oct 2, 2022 to the official website of the Workshop.
Please check the official event website for possible changes before you make any travelling arrangements. Generally, events are strict with their deadlines. It is advisable to check the official website for all the deadlines.
Other Details of the PPQS 2022
Credits and Sources
| PPQS 2022 : Workshop on Engineering Processes and Practices for Quantum Software (PPQS'22)|