Call for Papers
Confernce online (via Zoom)
CALL FOR PAPERS:
Discrimination and intolerance have always played a destructive role in the lives of societies and individuals. Nowadays, when the threat of World War III becomes more and more real and the future of humankind goes in an unpredictable direction, there arises a need to look at the phenomena of discrimination, violence and intolerance from a new perspective. During our interdisciplinary conference we would like to discuss some crucial questions: What is the source of intolerance and discrimination in the contemporary world? Is violence a “natural” consequence of intolerance? What are the modern measures that should be taken to stop discrimination and violence?
We are going to talk about discrimination, violence nd intolerance and in political, social, psychological, cultural, historical and many other terms. We also want to devote considerable attention to how these phenomena are represented in artistic practices: in literature, film, theatre or visual arts. Therefore we invite researchers representing various academic disciplines: history, politics, psychology, sociology, anthropology, philosophy, economics, law, literary studies, theatre studies, film studies, fine arts, memory studies, migration studies, consciousness studies, dream studies, gender studies, postcolonial studies, medical sciences, psychiatry, psychoanalysis, cognitive sciences etc.
Different forms of presentations are encouraged, including case studies, theoretical investigations, problem-oriented arguments, and comparative analyses.
We will be happy to hear from both experienced scholars and young academics at the beginning of their careers, as well as doctoral and graduate students. We also invite all persons interested in participating in the conference as listeners, without giving a presentation.
Our repertoire of suggested topics includes but is not restricted to:
- Discrimination against nations and societies
- Discrimination against elderly people
- Discrimination against children
- Gender-based discrimination
- Discrimination against people with disabilities
- Discrimination against the mentally ill
- Discrimination against the addicts
- Discrimination against the rich
- Discrimination against the poor
- Discrimination against animals
- Economic discrimination
- Genetic discrimination
- Discrimination based on sexual preferences
- Colorism (discrimination based on skin color)
- Sizeism (discrimination based on a person’s size)
- Reverse discrimination (affirmative action, positive discrimination)
- Intolerance and race
- Intolerance and religion
- Intolerance and nationalism
- Intolerance and gender
- Intolerance and age
- Intolerance at school
- Intolerance in family
- Tolerance towards intolerance
III. Finding solutions
- Anti-discrimination law
- Anti-terrorist law
- Human rights organizations
- Humanitarian missions
- Democratic education
- Pro-tolerance campaign
IV. Literature, film and the arts
- Literature and art about discrimination, intolerance and violence
- Artists engaged in fighting discrimination, intolerance and violence
- Artists as victims of discrimination
- Literature and art engaged in ideologies
Please submit abstracts (no longer than 300 words) of your proposed 20-minute presentations or together with a short biographical note, by 30 April 2022 to:
INTOLERANCE 2022 : DISCRIMINATION, VIOLENCE AND INTOLERANCE International Interdisciplinary Conference (online) will take place in Gdansk. It’s a 2 days event starting on May 19, 2022 (Thursday) and will be winded up on May 20, 2022 (Friday).
INTOLERANCE 2022 falls under the following areas: INTERDISCIPLINARY, HUMAN RIGHTS, SOCIOLOGY, PSYCHOLOGY, etc. Submissions for this Conference can be made by Apr 30, 2022.
Please check the official event website for possible changes before you make any travelling arrangements. Generally, events are strict with their deadlines. It is advisable to check the official website for all the deadlines.
Other Details of the INTOLERANCE 2022
Credits and Sources
| INTOLERANCE 2022 : DISCRIMINATION, VIOLENCE AND INTOLERANCE International Interdisciplinary Conference (online)|