Call for Papers
Call for Papers
47th Annual IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks
Edmonton, Canada September 26-29, 2022
The IEEE LCN conference is the premier conference on the leading edge of theoretical and practical aspects of computer networking. LCN is a highly interactive conference that enables an effective interchange of results and ideas among researchers, users, and product developers. For the past 46 years, major developments from AI-enabled high-speed networking to application-focused IoT networks have been reported at this conference.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Personal and wearable networks * Green networking
* Wireless ad hoc & sensor networks * Overlay and peer-to-peer networks
* Information-centric networking * Local-area and metropolitan-area networks
* Embedded networks * Storage-area networks
* Opportunistic networking * Routing and transport protocols
* Delay-tolerant networks * Big Data Networking
* Cognitive radio networks * Cloud computing and networking
* Vehicular networks * Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization
* Smart Grid communications * Internet of Things
* Underwater sensor networks * Link technologies
* Cyber-physical systems * Adaptive networking applications
* Social networks * Authentication, authorization, accounting
* Mobile and ubiquitous networking * Security and privacy
* Cross-layer optimization
* Mobility and Location-dependent services
* Multimedia and real-time communication
* Machine-to-machine communications for smart environments
* Smart Cities
* Network traffic characterization and measurements
* Network management, reliability and QoS
* Performance evaluation of networks
* Test beds for network experiments
* Network coding
* Optical and high-speed access networks
* E-Health networking
* AI-enabled networking
In addition to the main conference track, the LCN Symposium provides an opportunity to present early work in-progress that shows exciting promise. The aim of the Symposium is to enable timely discussion of novel ideas and challenging future directions on emerging topics in networking.
Submissions in areas such as, but not limited to, the following are encouraged:
* Edge/Fog Computing * AI for Networking * Smart Cities
IEEE LCN 2022 will also feature a demo session with the aim of providing demonstrations that validate important research issues and/or show innovative prototypes. More information can be found on the conference Web site.
Furthermore, the IEEE LCN 2022 will include a Doctoral track session in support of graduate student’s research. The goal of the Doctoral Track is to engage graduate students, especially Ph.D. students, that work in the general area of networking to actively participate and contribute to the 47th IEEE LCN Conference. More information can be found on the conference Web site.
Authors are invited to submit papers describing original, previously unpublished work, not currently under review by another conference, workshop, or a journal. Full Regular papers (maximum 8 pages, 10 pt font in IEEE format) should present novel perspectives within the general scope of the conference. Short papers (up to 4 pages) are an opportunity to present preliminary or interim results on hot topics in a poster session. Symposium papers (maximum 6 pages) enable timely discussion of novel ideas and challenging future directions on emerging topics in networking. Both full and short papers are published in the proceedings and IEEE Xplore. All papers must include title, complete contact information for all authors, abstract, and keywords on the cover page.
IEEE reserves the right to remove papers from IEEE Xplore that are not presented at the conference.
Paper submission: Papers must be registered on EDAS and submitted in PDF format. Detailed submission instructions are available at the conference website. Direct any questions to LCN Program Chairs Sharief Oteafy ([email protected]) and Eyuphan Bulut ([email protected]) or LCN Symposium Chair Kanchana Thilakarathna ([email protected]).
Paper registration: April 24, 2022 (firm)
Paper submission: April 24, 2022 (firm)
Notification: June 15, 2022
Final paper: July 15, 2022
General Chair: Lyes Khoukhi, ENSICAEN, Normandie Univ., France
Program Chair: Sharief Oteafy, DePaul Univ, USA
Program Co-Chair: Eyuphan Bulut, Virginia Commonwealth Univ., US,
Symposium Chair: Kanchana Thilakarathna, The Univ. of Sydney, Australia
IEEE LCN 2022 : IEEE Local Computer Networks Conference will take place in Hyrbdi (virtual and Edmonton, Canada). It’s a 4 days event starting on Sep 26, 2022 (Monday) and will be winded up on Sep 29, 2022 (Thursday).
IEEE LCN 2022 falls under the following areas: NETWORKING, SDN, IOT, SECURITY, etc. Submissions for this Conference can be made by Apr 24, 2022. Authors can expect the result of submission by Jun 15, 2022. Upon acceptance, authors should submit the final version of the manuscript on or before Jul 15, 2022 to the official website of the Conference.
Please check the official event website for possible changes before you make any travelling arrangements. Generally, events are strict with their deadlines. It is advisable to check the official website for all the deadlines.
Other Details of the IEEE LCN 2022
Credits and Sources
| IEEE LCN 2022 : IEEE Local Computer Networks Conference|