Call for Papers
2019 International Conference on
Interaction Between Philosophy, Science and Society
Taiyuan, China, June 1-2, 2019
CALL FOR PAPERS
Contemporary Philosophy is facing much challenges from different fields and traditions than before, but there are some crucial and eternal topics in philosophy forever. The developments in modern sciences made philosophical ideas in a narrower way which might end philosophy on the final step. The changes in modern society, in contrast, made philosophers’ reputation higher. It is true that how to deal with the relation of philosophy, sciences and society has been the central in philosophical discussions, and the philosophical concerns on science and society would be influential on them. On this idea we organize this international conference on interaction between philosophy, science and society by observing philosophy of John Rawls and Derek Parfit who are great philosophers of politics in analytic approach.
2, Theme and topics
Theme: International Conference on Interaction Between Philosophy, Science and Society
Topics: 1, Analytical Philosophy: its history and present statue
2, Philosophical Analysis as methodology and strategy
3, John Rawls's Theory and Principles of Justice and Social/Global Injustice
4, John Rawls's Reflective Equillibrium in Policy Reform
5，Derek Parfit's Theory of Personal Identity and Head Transplantation
6，Derek Parfit's Theory of Equality and Inequality in the world
7，Derek Parfit's Population Ethics and Population Policy
June 1-2, 2019
Shanxi University, Taiyuan, China
6, prospect invited speakers
1. Bo Chen, Peking University, Professor of Philosophy of Logic and Analytic Philosophy, Beijing
2. Siyou Ge, East China Normal University, Professor of Political Philosophy, Shanghai
3. Duoyi Fei, China University of Politics and Law, Professor of Philosophy of Mind, Beijing
4. Yi Jiang, Shanxi University, Professor of Philosophy of Language and Analytic Philosophy, Taiyuan
5. Ruipeng Lei, Huazhong University of Sciences and Technology, Professor of Philosophy of Science, Wuhan
6. Chenyang Li, Nanyang University of Science and Technology, Chair of Department of Philosophy, Professor of Chinese philosophy, Singapore
7. Reidar Lie, University of Bergen, Professor/Chairperson, Department of Philosophy, Senior Research Fellow of Department of Bioethics, NIH, USA
8. Thomas Pogge, Yale University, Professor of Philosophy and International Relations, USA
9. Renzong Qiu, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Professor of Philosophy, Beijing
10. Xiangdong Xu, Zhejiang University, Professor of Political Philosophy, Hangzhou
Please submit your paper to following address: [email protected] before February 1st, 2019. Your submission should contain your personal information including institution, academic title and contact on a separate page and the abstract of your paper in 500 words as well. The size of your paper should be limited within ten pages at the most on double space.
All the paper will be peer-reviewed by the academic committee of the conference after submissions. You will receive a formal invitation to the conference if your paper has been accepted by the committee.
9, Practical information
June is the best season in Taiyuan. The early summer is just coming and flowers are blossoming everywhere. It is the best for conferences and tours in such a beautiful climate. Shanxi University locates in Taiyuan, closed to Taiyuan International Airport and the South Railway Station of Taiyuan. You can flight to Taiyuan directly or via the Capital International Airport of Beijing. The High-speed Rail is the best choice from Beijing to Taiyuan in less three hours.
With our warmly regards.
Renzong Qiu, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
Director of Academic Committee
Yi Jiang, Shanxi University
Director of Organizing Committee
Credits and Sources
| ICIPSS 2019 : 2019 International Conference on Interaction between Philosophy, Science and Society|