Call for Papers
GENEA 2022 is the third GENEA workshop and an official workshop of ACM ICMI’22, and will be hybrid: will take place both in Bangalore, India, and online. Accepted workshop submissions will be included in the adjunct ACM ICMI proceedings.
Generating non-verbal behaviours, such as gesticulation, facial expressions and gaze, is of great importance for natural interaction with embodied agents such as virtual agents and social robots. At present, behaviour generation is typically powered by rule-based systems, data-driven approaches, and their hybrids. For evaluation, both objective and subjective methods exist, but their application and validity are frequently a point of contention.
This workshop asks, “What will be the behaviour-generation methods of the future? And how can we evaluate these methods using meaningful objective and subjective metrics?” The aim of the workshop is to bring together researchers working on the generation and evaluation of non-verbal behaviours for embodied agents to discuss the future of this field. To kickstart these discussions, we invite all interested researchers to submit a paper for presentation at the workshop.
PAPER TOPICS INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO) THE FOLLOWING
- Automated synthesis of facial expressions, gestures, and gaze movements
- Audio- and music-driven nonverbal behaviour synthesis
- Closed-loop nonverbal behaviour generation (from perception to action)
- Nonverbal behaviour synthesis in two-party and group interactions
- Emotion-driven and stylistic nonverbal behaviour synthesis
- New datasets related to nonverbal behaviour
- Believable nonverbal behaviour synthesis using motion-capture and 4D scan data
- Multi-modal nonverbal behaviour synthesis
- Interactive/autonomous nonverbal behavior generation
- Subjective and objective evaluation methods for nonverbal behaviour synthesis
- Guidelines for nonverbal behaviours in human-agent interaction
GENEA 2022 : GENEA Workshop 2022 will take place in Hybrid. It’s a 5 days event starting on Nov 7, 2022 (Monday) and will be winded up on Nov 11, 2022 (Friday).
GENEA 2022 falls under the following areas: VIRTUAL AGENTS, GESTURE GENERATION, ANIMATION, MACHINE LEARNING, etc. Submissions for this Workshop can be made by Aug 29, 2022. Authors can expect the result of submission by Sep 19, 2022. Upon acceptance, authors should submit the final version of the manuscript on or before Sep 29, 2022 to the official website of the Workshop.
Please check the official event website for possible changes before you make any travelling arrangements. Generally, events are strict with their deadlines. It is advisable to check the official website for all the deadlines.
Other Details of the GENEA 2022
Credits and Sources
| GENEA 2022 : GENEA Workshop 2022|