Call for Papers
EuroMPI/USA 2022 will be hosted by the University of Tennessee at
Chattanooga and will be co-located with IWOMP 2022 (September 21-23,
2022), with joint tutorials, and opportunities to interact between
the two communities.
EuroMPI/USA 2022 will continue to focus on advancing the ubiquitous
Message Passing Interface (MPI) model and specification of parallel
programming. It will also encompass extensions and alternative
interfaces for high-performance heterogeneous and hybrid systems,
benchmarks, tools, parallel I/O, fault tolerance, and parallel
applications using MPI and other interfaces. This meeting marks
the 30th Anniversary of MPI, which kicked off in April, 1992.
Through the presentation of full papers, position papers, posters,
and invited talks, the meeting will provide ample opportunities for
attendees to interact and share ideas and experiences to contribute
to the improvement and furthering of message-passing and related
parallel programming paradigms.
We invite high-quality, full paper submissions on all topics related
to message-passing parallel programming with MPI and related or
competing models. Topics of interest include, but are not limited
- Implementation Issues and Algorithms: Efficient and scalable
implementations of message-passing constructs.
- Architectures and systems: Towards exascale computing, efficient
use of accelerators and other features of modern, large-scale
systems, hardware-software interaction.
- Programming models and paradigms for large-scale, parallel,
distributed memory systems, hierarchical and hybrid models,
partitioned global address space (PGAS) models.
- Extensions to and shortcomings of MPI, alternative interfaces and
- New, parallel (MPI-)I/O mechanisms optimizations.
- Hybrid and heterogeneous programming with MPI and other interfaces.
- Message passing interface support for data-intensive parallel
- Fault tolerance in message-passing implementations and systems.
- MPI parallel programming in clouds and non-dedicated systems.
- Applications and Performance.
- Performance evaluation for MPI and MPI-based applications.
- Automatic performance tuning of applications and implementations.
- Verification of message-passing applications and protocols.
- Applications using message passing, in particular in computational
science and scientific computing.
- Parallel algorithms in the message-passing paradigm.
- Interactions between the message-passing library and runtime
Papers that are not accepted for presentation as full papers may
be recommended for short papers or poster presentations. Short
papers and poster prospectuses will be published informally but are
not intended to appear in the regular conference proceedings.
Papers will be reviewed for quality, originality, clarity, correctness,
technical strength, and relevance to the topics of the meeting.
Each paper will receive at least three reviews from members of the
program committee. Reviews are blind (but not double-blind); the
names of the authors will be seen by the program committee.
Among the papers selected for presentation, a few of the best papers
will, as has been the tradition for the last couple of years, be
selected by the program committee and recommended for publication
in a EuroMPI/USA 2022 Special Issue of a Journal, more details about
the journal special issue coming soon. These papers will go through
a separate round of reviews, and are intended as extended, more
polished archival versions of the conference versions.
Abstracts Submission Deadline: May 16, 2022 (AOE)
Full Paper Submission Deadline: May 23, 2022 (AOE)
Short Papers and Position Papers: June 13, 2022 (AOE)
Notification of Acceptance of Papers: July 11, 2022 (AOE)
Poster Prospectuses: July 11, 2022 (AOE)
Notification of Acceptance of Posters: July 25, 2022 (AOE)
To be considered, papers must be formatted according to the "acmconf"
template style of the ACM Primary Article Template. Full papers may
be up to 10 pages in length in PDF format. Short and Position Papers
are a maximum of 5 pages, and must conform otherwise to the same
specifications as full papers. The recommended length of poster
prospectuses is two pages. Submissions (regular papers, position
papers, and posters) will be all handled via easychair:
The Overleaf template for LaTeX users can be found here:
Please make sure to use the "acmconf" template style.
The page limit includes figures, tables, and appendices, but does
not include references, for which there is no page limit. Margins,
spacing, and font sizes should not be modified from the template
(e.g., no 'savetrees').
Credits and Sources
| EuroMPI/USA 2022 : EuroMPI/USA 2022|