Call for Papers
This book will offers potential role of BME which is used in diagnosing (e.g., body scanners) and treatment (radiation therapy and minimal access surgery in order to prevent various diseases). In recent years, an important progress has been made in the expansion of biomedical microdevices which has a major role in diagnosis and therapy of cancer. When fighting cancer, speed is of the utmost importance. A microfluidic chip developed by Michigan engineers has enabled a breakthrough in testing the efficacy of specialized cancer drugs.
Effective cancer-targeting therapies will require both passive- and active targeting strategies and a thorough understanding of physiologic barriers to targeted drug delivery. Targeted cancer treatments in development and the new combinatorial approaches show promise for improving targeted anticancer drug delivery and improving treatment outcomes.
This book will discuss about all advancement and innovation in field of BME that improve the diagnosis and treatment of cancer patients. This book will be focused on bioengineering approaches to improve targeted delivery of cancer therapeutics, which include particles, targeting moieties, and stimuli-responsive drug release mechanisms.
Dr. Rishabha Malviya
Prof. Sonali Sundram
Topic of Interest(But not limited to)
1. Introduction to biomedical engineering in targeted cancer therapy
2. Detection of cancer biomarker by advanced biosensor
3. Implementation of Biomedical engineering tools in targeted cancer therapy: Challenges and Opportunities.
4. Application of Tissue engineering in cancer research
5. Bioinformatics tools to discover and validate cancer biomarkers
6. Advancement in use of vehicles for specific drug delivery for cancer therapy
7. Biomedical engineering: key weapon for breast cancer
8. Photothermal Therapy for Cancer Treatment
9. Bioengineering design strategies to overcome physiologic barriers to targeted delivery
10. Leveraging advancement in Robotics in treatment of cancer
11. Innovative Biomedical Equipment for Diagnosis of cancer
12. Advancement in Computer Aided Drug Design (CADD) for cancer diagnosis
13. Treatment of cancer by using laser technology
14. Microfluid and cancer treatment: Emerging concept of Biomedical Engineering
15. Immunotherapy: targeting cancers cell
16. Application of biomaterials in cancer research
17. Gold nanoparticle for cancer treatment
18. Advancement in therapeutic vaccine for Cancer treatment
Credits and Sources
| BME-SPRINGER 2022 : Targeted Cancer Therapy in Biomedical Engineering|