Call for Papers
CFP: 21st International Workshop on Data Mining in Bioinformatics (with SIGKDD'22)
BIOKDD 2022 in Conjunction with SIGKDD 2022
August 15, 2022
The goal of the 21st International Workshop on Data Mining in Bioinformatics (BIOKDD 2022) is to encourage KDD researchers to solve the numerous problems and challenges in Bioinformatics using Data Mining technologies. Based on the organizers’ expertise and communities for this year’s BIOKDD workshop, we will feature two closely related themes Biomedical Ontologies and Biological Data Visualization. These themes encourage the knowledge graph community and the data visualization community to work together to solve the many challenging problems in Bioinformatics with new perspectives. We also welcome broader research applying data mining to address biomedical problems. The key goal is to accelerate the convergence between Data Mining and Bioinformatics communities to expedite discoveries in basic biology, medicine and healthcare.
As a tradition of BIOKDD, accepted original submissions will be invited to publish in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (TCBB).
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
* Semantic web, biomedical ontologies and ontology-driven data integration methods
* Biological network visualization
* Information visualization and visual analytics for biomedical data
* Development of deep learning methods for biological and clinical data
* Novel methods and frameworks for mining and integrating big biological data
* Discovering biological networks and pathways underlying biological processes and diseases
* Analysis, discovery of biomarkers and mutations, and disease risk assessment
* Comparative genomics
* Metagenome analysis using sequencing data
* RNA-seq and microarray-based gene expression analysis
* Genome-wide analysis of non-coding RNAs
* Genome-wide regulatory motif discovery
* Structural bioinformatics
* Automated annotation of genes and proteins
* Discovery of structural variations from next-generation sequencing (NGS) data
* Correlating NGS with proteomics data analysis
* Discovery of genotype-phenotype associations
* Building predictive models for complex phenotypes
* Functional annotation of genes and proteins
* Special biological data management techniques
* Privacy and security issues in mining genomic databases
* Predictive modeling for personalized treatment
* Text mining for biomedical literature and clinical notes
* Information retrieval for healthcare and biomedical applications
* Biomedical signal analysis and processing
* Intelligent medical data management
* Collaboration technologies for biomedicine
* Social networks for biomedicine
* Bioimage analysis, single-cell analysis
Submission Due: May 26, 2022
Notification Date: June 20, 2022
Workshop Date: August 15, 2022
We solicit submission of papers in the following three categories:
* Regular Track: original papers without duplicate submission. Papers should be at most 10 pages in length, and using ACM Proceedings Format (https://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template) is recommended.
* Abstract Track: 1-page limit, for introducing preliminary research outcomes, with emphasis on research effectiveness on real-world datasets.
* Late-Breaking Research: submission of a published manuscript (at least in arXiv) along with additional supplemental/unpublished data, to highlight the work's impact.
All papers will be peer-reviewed. If accepted, at least one author should attend the workshop to present their work. The papers should be in PDF format and submitted via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=biokdd20220
* Da Yan (University of Alabama at Birmingham)
* Catia Pesquita (LASIGE & Universidade de Lisboa)
* Carsten Goerg (University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus)
* Jake Chen (University of Alabama at Birmingham)
* Mohammed J. Zaki (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute)
Please email all questions about submissions to [email protected]
BIOKDD 2022 : 21st International Workshop on Data Mining in Bioinformatics (with SIGKDD'22) will take place in Washington DC. It’s a 4 days event starting on Aug 14, 2020 (Friday) and will be winded up on Aug 17, 2020 (Monday).
BIOKDD 2022 falls under the following areas: BIOINFORMATICS, DATA MINING, HEALTH INFORMATICS, VISUALIZATION, etc. Submissions for this Workshop can be made by May 26, 2020. Authors can expect the result of submission by Jun 20, 2020.
Please check the official event website for possible changes before you make any travelling arrangements. Generally, events are strict with their deadlines. It is advisable to check the official website for all the deadlines.
Other Details of the BIOKDD 2022
Credits and Sources
| BIOKDD 2022 : 21st International Workshop on Data Mining in Bioinformatics (with SIGKDD'22)|