Call for Papers
BESC 2022 - Call for papers
• Abstract Registration: 5 July 2022
• Paper Submission: 12 July 2022
• Notification of Acceptance: 16 August 2022
• Camera ready: 23 August 2022
• Submission of Doctoral Symposium: 20 August 2022
• Notification of Acceptance for Doctoral Symposium: 26 August 2022
• Conference Date: 29-31 Oct. 2022
The 9th International Conference on Behavioral and Social Computing (BESC 2022) will be a hybrid mode Conference, hosted by Matsuyama University, Japan, 29-31 October 2022. BESC conference aims to become a premier forum in which academic researchers and industry practitioners from artificial intelligence, computational social sciences, natural language processing, business and marketing, and behavioral and psychological sciences could present updated research efforts and progresses on foundational and emerging interdisciplinary topics of BESC, exchange new ideas and identify future research directions. Following the successful BESC2014 in Shanghai, China, BESC2015 in Nanjing, China, BESC2016 in Durham, NC, USA, BESC2017 in Krakow, Poland, BESC2018 in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, BESC2019 in Beijing, China, BESC2020 in Bournemouth, UK, BESC 2021 in Doha, Qatar, BESC 2022 will take place in Matsuyama University, Ehime, Japan.
The BESC Organizing Committee invites submissions of applied or theoretical research and application-oriented papers on any below topics as well as Doctoral Symposium track papers.
All submissions should use IEEE two-column style. Templates are available from http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
Paper submission system is available at: https://easychair.org/conferences/submissions?a=28305963
• All papers must be submitted electronically through the paper submission system in PDF format only. BESC 2021 accepts research papers (6 pages), special session papers (6 pages) and Doctoral Symposium papers (2~4 pages).
• The page count above excludes the references.
• Conference paper review will be double-blind, and submissions not properly anonymized will be desk-rejected without review.
• Doctoral Symposium track submissions don’t need to be double-blind.
• Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings.
• Papers must be submitted entirely in English
• Papers will be selected based on their originality, timeliness, significance, relevance, and clarity of presentation.
• Submission of a paper should be regarded as a commitment that, should the paper be accepted, at least one of the authors will register and attend the conference to present the work. All accepted papers will be included in IEEE Xplore and indexed by EI. Top-quality papers presented in the conference will be invited for extension and publication in several special issues of international journals, e.g., World Wide Web Journal (Springer), Web Intelligence, and Social Network Analysis and Mining (Springer).
List of Topics
Social Computing, Computational Social Science and Applications
• Computational models of social phenomena
• Social behavior
• Social network analysis
• Semantic web
• Collective intelligence
• Security, privacy, trust in social contexts
• Social recommendation
• Social influence and social contagions
• Quantifying offline phenomena through online data
• Forecasting of social phenomena
• Science and technology studies approaches to computational social science
• Social media and health behaviors
• Social psychology and personality
• New theories, methods, and objectives in computational social science
• Digital media
• Digital humanities
• Digital games and learning
• Digital footprints and privacy
• Crowd dynamics
• Digital arts
• Digital healthcare
• Activity streams and experience design
• Virtual communities (e.g., open-source, multiplayer gaming, etc.)
Natural Language Processing
• Web mining and its social interpretations
• Sentiment Analysis, Stylistic Analysis, and Argument Mining
• Opinion mining and social media analytics
• Credibility of online content
• Computational Linguistics
• Mining big social data
• Cognitive Modeling and Psycholinguistics
Information Management and Information Systems (IS)
• Decision analytics
• Decision analytics
• Computational finance
• Societal impacts of IS
• Human behavior and IS
• IS in healthcare
• IS security and privacy
• IS strategy, structure and organizational impacts
• Service science and IS
Behavior and User Modelling, Privacy, and Ethics
• Behavior change
• Positive technology
• Personalization for individuals, groups and populations
• Large scale personalization, adaptation and recommendation
• Web dynamics and personalization
• Privacy, perceived security and trust
• Technology and Wellbeing
• Ethics of computational research on human behavior
Doctoral Symposium track
The BESC 2022 Doctoral Symposium aims to provide a supportive environment that enables doctoral students to get constructive feedback on their research. Students will have the opportunity to discuss their work with experienced members in the interdisciplinary field of behavioral and social computing. The BESC doctoral symposium covers the same research topics as the conference.
Steering Committee Chair
Guandong Xu, UTS, Australia
Shiro UESUGI, Matsuyama University, Japan
Program Committee Chairs
Jianxin Li, Deakin University, Australia
Tun Lu, Fudan University, China
Special Session Chairs
Hemachandran K, Woxsen University, India
Yunliang Chen, China University of Geosciences, China
Doctoral Symposium Chairs
Raian Ali, Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Qantar
Panel and Tutorial Chairs
Firoj Alam, Hamad Bin Khalifa University, Qatar
Zhaoquan Gu, Guangzhou University, China
Dawei Xu, UTS
Rafiqul Islam, Tennessee Medical University, USA
Zhi-Hui Zhan, South China University of Technology, China
Nayyar Zaidi, Deakin University, Australia
Bruce Lander, Matsuyama University, Japan
Takashi Okamoto, Ehime University, Japan
All inquiries about the conference, including submissions, can be directed to the organising committee: [email protected]
BESC 2022 : The 9th International Conference on Behavioral and Social Computing will take place in Japan. It’s a 3 days event starting on Oct 29, 2022 (Saturday) and will be winded up on Oct 31, 2022 (Monday).
BESC 2022 falls under the following areas: SOCIAL COMPUTING, COMPUTATIONAL SOCIAL SCIENCE, DIGITAL HUMANITIES, NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING, etc. Submissions for this Conference can be made by Jul 12, 2022. Authors can expect the result of submission by Aug 16, 2022. Upon acceptance, authors should submit the final version of the manuscript on or before Aug 23, 2022 to the official website of the Conference.
Please check the official event website for possible changes before you make any travelling arrangements. Generally, events are strict with their deadlines. It is advisable to check the official website for all the deadlines.
Other Details of the BESC 2022
Credits and Sources
| BESC 2022 : The 9th International Conference on Behavioral and Social Computing|