The CogArch workshop solicits formative ideas and new product offerings in this general space that cover all the design aspects of cognitive systems, from algorithms improving cognition to design methodologies that improve non-functional considerations like energy efficiency, security, agile design, programmability, or reliability.
- Algorithms in support of cognitive reasoning: recognition, intelligent search, diagnosis, inference and informed decision-making.
- Swarm intelligence and distributed architectural support; brain-inspired and neural computing architectures.
- Agile design for cognitive systems.
- Prototype demonstrations of state-of-the-art cognitive computing systems.
- Accelerators and micro-architectural support for artificial intelligence.
- Approaches to reduce training time and enable faster model delivery.
- Cloud-backed autonomics and mobile cognition: architectural and OS support thereof.
- Resilient design of distributed (swarm) mobile AI architectures.
- Reliability and safety considerations, and security against adversarial attacks in mobile AI architectures.
- Techniques for improving energy efficiency, battery life extension and endurance in mobile AI architectures.
- Case studies and real-life demonstrations/prototypes in specific application domains: e.g. smart homes, connected cars and UAV-driven commercial services, architectures in support of AI for healthcare applications, such as medical imaging, drug discovery and smart diagnostics, as well as applications of interest to defense and homeland security.