Topics of the 24th conference will include (but are not limited to):
- Speech Recognition (multilingual, continuous, emotional speech, handicapped speaker, out-of-vocabulary words, alternative way of feature extraction, new models for acoustic and language modeling).
- Corpora and Language Resources (monolingual, multilingual, text, and spoken corpora, large web corpora, disambiguation, specialized lexicons, dictionaries).
- Speech and Spoken Language Generation (multilingual, high fidelity speech synthesis, computer singing).
- Tagging, Classification and Parsing of Text and Speech (multilingual processing, sentiment analysis, credibility analysis, automatic text labeling, summarization, authorship attribution).
- Semantic Processing of Text and Speech (information extraction, information retrieval, data mining, semantic web, knowledge representation, inference, ontologies, sense disambiguation, plagiarism detection).
- Integrating Applications of Text and Speech Processing (machine translation, natural language understanding, question-answering strategies, assistive technologies).
- Automatic Dialogue Systems (self-learning, multilingual, question-answering systems, dialogue strategies, prosody in dialogues).
- Multimodal Techniques and Modeling (video processing, facial animation, visual speech synthesis, user modeling, emotion and personality modeling).